Rib Royale Party Sandwich
Skip the golden arches drive-thru and grill up some baby back ribs to make Unicoi Preserves Rib Royale Sandwich fit for a crowd. Glazed with a homemade BBQ sauce made with Unicoi Preserves Cherry Jalapeno Spread, and spiced with Lane's BBQ Sweet Heat Rub, this is a sandwich fit for a king and queen!
Unicoi Preserves Rib Royale Sandwich
Skip the golden arches drive-thru and make Unicoi Preserves version of the McRib Sandwich. With a whole rack of baby back ribs glazed with homemade BBQ sauce using Unicoi Preserves Cherry Jalapeno Spread, this beast of a sandwich is fit for a king, queen, and maybe even your court jester.
4 oz. Unicoi Preserves Cherry Jalapeno Spread
2 cups ketchup
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. molasses
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. dark brown sugar
2 tsp. granulated garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. black pepper, coarse grind
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
Lane's BBQ Sweet Heat Rub
- 1 rack baby back pork ribs
- 1 loaf soft French bread, as long and wide as the rack of ribs
4 tbsp. butter, soft
Sweet onion slices
Dill pickle slices
Unicoi Preserves Cherry Jalapeno BBQ Sauce
Rib Royale Sandwich
- Combine all bbq sauce ingredients in medium saucepan and stir well.
Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring often.
Turn off heat, set aside.
Make the ribs
Remove membrane from the ribs, then use a paring knife to cut a slit down the middle of each rib bone on the side where the membrane was, but not cutting through. Liberally apply Lanes Sweet Heat BBQ Rub to all sides of ribs.
- Set grill or smoker up for indirect cooking with some chunks of cherry and hickory wood for flavor, heat to 250 degrees.
- Place ribs on grill, bone side down and cook for two hours or until internal temperature of 170 degrees. Remove ribs from grill, coat all sides of ribs with Rib Royale BBQ Sauce, wrap in foil and return to grill. Cook ribs one hour or until ribs reach internal temperature of 200 degrees. Remove from grill and unwrap foil, carefully remove rib bones, taking care not to break the rib rack apart.
Rib Royale Sandwich
Cut the loaf of bread in half horizontally.
Butter the cut sides, then grill to toast the bread.
Use two long grilling spatulas to transfer the boneless rack of ribs to the bottom side of the bread, top with onion slices and pickles.
Place the other half of bread on top of The Rib Royale and stab a long bladed knife through the middle to secure the sandwich. Serve sandwich on a big wooden board.
Have a nice day, see you tomorrow!